At Memorial Association of Free Czechoslovak Veterans, we take your privacy seriously. We are dedicated to looking after your Personal Information in ways that you feel are completely safe and secure, processing it responsibly and complying with relevant data protection laws.
When it comes to your privacy, we will follow these principles:
Open. We want to be transparent about the personal information we collect, why we collect it and how we process it.
Easy to control. We give you control over the Personal Information you provide to us. We let you choose how and when it is used, shared, kept or deleted.
Our full Privacy Statement is below and we suggest you take the time to read and understand it.
This policy includes:
- 1. About us
- 2. Information we collect
- 3. How we use the information
- 4. How we protect your data
- 5. Your rights regarding your personal information
- 6. Right of complaint to the Regulator for Data Protection
- 7. How long we hold your data
- 8. Links to third-party websites
- 10. Contacting us
1. About Us
This website www.mafcsv.co.uk is owned and operated by Memorial Association of Free Czechoslovak Veterans (MAFCSV), a company registered in England and Wales with our registered office at 21 Knights Way, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 1EWQ.
For removal or update of your details please contact:
2. Information collection and use
Information you provide to us
We do not collect sensitive information (also known as special categories of information) about you and only retain information to fulfill our contractual & legal obligations with you.
On certain parts of the site we might occasionally allow you to make comments or add information, for the avoidance of doubt under no circumstances should you place personal or contact details anywhere on the website where another user might see it.
MAFCSV accepts no responsibility for the user’s personal or contact details shared in this way and regard any such sharing as a breach of these terms.
3. How we use your information
We use your personal information for several purposes including:
- To provide advanced website features to you and others.
- We use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to establish the number of visits from different countries and to personalize content and emails and to fulfill any obligations we have under the EU VAT allocation regulations.
- For analysis and research to improve our services and goods offered.
- To improve your search results, helping you find things more easily.
- To provide personalized communications (more details below).
- Where we provide personalized services, we may analyze the information you supply, as well as your activity on our services, so we can offer a much more relevant service to you.
4. How we protect your information
We follow very strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorized access to, and loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information following UK data protection legislation. These include firewalls, encryption of data and virus-checking procedures.
We also recommend that if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place such as a library that you close your browser completely when you have finished your session.
5. Your rights regarding your Personal Information
Under Data Protection law, you have several rights concerning your personal information, which are:
- Obtaining a copy of your Information
You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you. You can do this by contacting the support team here:
- Deleting your information
- Data Portability
You have the right to ask us to transfer the personal information that you have given us to another controller.
- Restricting Processing
You can request a restriction on the processing of your data in some limited circumstances.
You can action any of these rights by contacting our Team or by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post to
MAFCSV, 21 Knights Way, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 1EWQ.
6. Right of complaint to the Regulator for Data Protection
The data protection laws in the UK are regulated and enforced by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Each individual has the right to raise a concern/complaint to the ICO if they have any concerns about how their personal information and/or privacy is treated. You can do this via the ICO’s website, follow the links or have an online Live Chat.
Call the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113
Postal address: Information Commissioner’s Office
7. How long we hold your data for
We will keep this information for as long as reasonably necessary.
8. Links to third-party websites
9. Updates to this policy
We may update this policy at any time without notice.
Privacy statement last updated 15th April 2020
10. Contacting us
If you have any questions about privacy please contact us at:
21 Knights Way, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 1EWQ.
This email address is strictly for privacy queries (Subject access requests or privacy issues, NOT deletion or unsubscription from emails, no other correspondence will be recorded, actioned or replied to.
For the avoidance of doubt:
GDPR/DPA personal information requests can only be for information strictly defined as personal data, no other information will be supplied on any request
Personal data we may carry is limited to:
User registered Names, the user’s registered email addresses, physical location address/telephone number (where temporarily stored for delivery of goods only).
All Subject access requests via third parties will result in an email containing the data requested being sent directly to the data subject’s email address as registered with us, this fulfills our legal obligations and secures your information from being shared incorrectly.
At no time will we repeat a disclosure via any 3rd party even if authorized by the data subject.
MAFCSV reserves the right (Under section 53 of the data protection act 2018) to refuse to supply data from any requests which we believe are duplications of previous requests (i.e. no other data can reasonably be disclosed then that which has already been done so by a relatively recent previous official request).
For removal or update of your details please contact: